Details for the upcoming Nintendo Wii were finally released, and it's been quite a doozy. Any gamer should be able to use his pants as a substrate for ludological pregnancy about now. Yes, I really do feel as if I've been knocked up in a good way, because it's been so long that the industry has catered its adolescent demographied garbage to the lowest common denominator, the bedazzled consumer whore. Nintendo has put its words down in the edifice of the casual market, and its booming, Lovecraftian voice not only prophesizes a paradigm shift, but delivers, to the doom of this stagnant market.
– US Release November 19th, $250 w/ Wii Sports included.
– Japan Release December 2nd, $220 w/o Wii Sports.
– 30 Launch titles by year's end.
– New gameplay trailer just astounding! Watch it!
– Built-in Opera browser, image surfing/editing tools, weather/news channel, and more. Link here.
– 24/7 connection for the Wii to stream in game updates and community stuff daily.
– Virtual Console featuring downloadable NES, SNES, Genesis, Megadrive, Toshiba MSX, and Turbo-GFX 16 games, $5-$10, 60 games by year's end, 10 more added each month after.
As tasteless as it is, this is my favorite reaction from the public…